Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why Open Door Warrior Project?

Why Open Door Warrior Project?

I am a warrior, I say this not to sound special or different in any kind of way.  This is just the perspective life''s path has chosen for me to view the world from.  It is a unique view, unlike any other but not more significant in any way.  Because I am of this discipline I have not always known mercy, gentleness, kindness, empathy; I have only known strength and resolve and never to soften my heart.   However the older I get, the more seasoned I become the more the Lord has continually worked on my heart and my head.  Through dutiful prayer he has taught me to strengthen my resolve but to soften my heart.  I will discuss my career path, but to those who do not yet personally know me, I will not reveal who I am, where I am or exactly what I do.  In referencing Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman and his discussion on three types of people-victims, predators and sheepdogs...I am one of the latter and it is my hope to offer strength and support for all of you who are alike.  There are different types of sheepdogs, but they all have one thing in common-a defense of people, whether it be behind a military uniform, a law enforcement badge, a pulpit, a lectern in a class.

I have arrived on this very page after much prayer and leading from God.  He has placed a burden upon my heart, I say burden because failure to me is not an option.  Although we stumble I fear failing my fellow warriors as Christians sometimes will do one another.  It was not my decision to do a blog, it was God's;  as I write this I am still not 100 percent sure exactly what a blog is.  It is my understanding a "blogger" is someone who posts information via a website called a blog.  I believe God has placed upon me the responsibility to use this type of medium to reach the most Christian warriors and potential Christian warriors I possibly can.  So why is it called Open Door Warrior Project, or ODWP for short.  Simple reason- my Sunday School class at my Church is named the Open Door Classroom.  It is often said of our class we are a close knit family, although like any community of people there are differences of opinion but we come together for a central purpose-to worship God, spread the gospel and bring as many people as possible into the fold of God's family.  After much prayer and plenty of resistance from me despite God working on me I have embarked on this journey with you. So in summation the Open Door Warrior Project is an effort open to all warriors which will be supported by several goals which I also pray will serve you well in your respective discipline.  We all grow weary, we all grow tired, sometimes we feel despair,  we all need support.  I am here for you.  I hope you find the inspiration to keep you going.  Each of you can make a difference in someones life and if you have fought for your country-you already have.  It is a thankless job from most, but from me, as your brother in Christ I thank you for what you do, may God provide a set of keys to heaven and allow you to patrol his streets unabated.

As the life of a warrior, there is a distinct line in the sand between Church and State, although I agree with this separation in union for constitutional purposes, in the individual hearts and lives of warriors it has to co-mingle.  The only way we can don armor for battle is to know it is for a righteous purpose worth defending and if I take someones life it is legally and morally defensible or if I lose my own life-it was worth the cause, and oh by the way because Jesus died upon the cross for me-I will go to heaven.  I feel it is my purpose to explore warrior responsibilities and provide Christian teachings, leadership principles and positive support that what we do is for a purpose.  I realize this blog is catered more toward a specific lifestyle, if you feel this does not exactly fit you, you have the right to stop reading at any time, but I hope you do not because I need you.  We all know officers, military personnel or other emergency service workers-you can spread the word and share this with them, this is my prayer that you will do this and the amount of followers will grow, just as the love of Christ does in all of our hearts. In this line of work there has been several times when I almost walked away, I seriously considered it, but I asked myself a question-If I do not protect my family, if I do not do this, then who will?  I received my answer everytime-God told me get back to work you have much yet to accomplish, you did not choose this career, I had it choose you.  I have always believed him.

Goals

1) It is the first goal of the ODWP to be a means of Christian support for all eyes that may find it.
2) To provide necessary leadership principles which come straight from the word of God as recorded in the Bible.
3) To provide inspiration and solace to all warriors in times of need.
4) Offer a means of prayer for any needs which need to be met.
5)To strengthen us as warriors in defense of the kingdom of God, to assist us in continuing to fight for those who can not or will not.
6) To bring to the Lord all who seek him and his word, to provide a method for warriors to connect with each other.

We are near the end of the first blog, that word stills sounds weird coming from me.  I have talked about who I am, or maybe I have just left you not knowing who I am, at any rate this is not about me, it is about Christ and his love for all of his flock I am simply the messenger he has chosen.  I have told you why the ODWP and we have layed out the ground work for the goals which will be accomplished.  I believe in goals, if you do not have a physical plan of where you are going, you lose track of where you came from and you have no idea how to improve or accomplish what you were chosen to do.  Tonight a special verse is on my heart, along with a special Psalm which I hope as a fellow warrior- you will decide to keep nearby for referencing. 

Phillippians 4:13-I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Be safe, watch your six and keep your head down.

"The Soldier's Psalm"

Praise be to the Lord my Rock
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle

He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me...

Part your heavens, O Lord, and come down;
touch the mountains, so that they smoke,

Send  forth lightning and scatter the enemies
shoot your arrows and rout them.

Psalm 144: 1-2, 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment